WHAT IS TOOTH WHITENING?
Tooth whitening can be a very effective way of lightening the natural colour of your teeth without removing any of the tooth surface. It cannot make a complete colour change, but it may lighten the existing shade.
WHAT CAUSES DISCOLORATION OF TEETH?
Surface stains and internal discoloration can be caused by –
- The natural aging process
- Using tobacco (smoked or chewed), drinking coffee, tea, colas or red wine, and eating pigmented foods such ascherries and blueberries
- Accumulation of plaque and tartar deposits
- Ingesting too much fluoride (more than 2 parts fluoride per million parts water) when teeth are forming, which gives teeth a “mottled” look
- Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during childhood
- Trauma to the teeth that may cause a brown, gray or black color
IS TEETH WHITENING PERMANENT?
No, teeth whitening isn’t permanent. It can last from a few months to up to three years, but this varies from person to person. Generally, the whitening effect won’t last as long if you smoke or drink red wine, tea or coffee, which can all stain your teeth.
HOW CAN I LOOK AFTER MY TEETH ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN WHITENED?
You can help to keep your teeth white by cutting down on the amount of food and drinks you have that can stain teeth. Don’t forget, stopping smoking can also help prevent discoloration and staining. We recommend the following tips to take care of your teeth:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day, with a fluoride toothpaste
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks
- Visit your dental team regularly, as often as they recommend.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
Some people may find that their teeth become sensitive to cold during or after the treatment. Others may have discomfort in the gums, a sore throat or white patches on the gum line. These symptoms are usually temporary and should disappear within a few days of the treatment.
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY OF BRIGHTENING UP MY SMILE?
Yes. There is some thing called Tooth Jewellery. Click here to know more.
TO KNOW MORE CALL NOW – 09930113857 (SK Smile Dental Clinic Airoli)